12/16th Hunter River Lancers
On 1st May 1948, the 12th/16th Armoured Regiment (Hunter River Lancers) was formed, incorporating the traditions of the 12th, 16th and 24th Light Horse Regiments. It was manned by pre-war members of the Regiments, 2nd AIF veterans and new recruits. It was initially equipped with Matilda Mk II tanks. In 1949 the Regiment was renamed the 12th/16th Hunter River Lancers and today is located at Muswellbrook, Tamworth, Armidale and Caboolture.